In the pre-market:
- Stock futures jumped Wednesday after drug developer Moderna said its coronavirus vaccine produced antibodies in all patients in an early trial, raising hopes for a faster economic recovery.
- The Dow Jones (SYMBOL: DIA) jumped 1.9%. S&P 500 (SYMBOL: SPY) climbed 1.4%. Nasdaq (Symbol: QQQ) rose 0.35%.
- Moderna, Inc. (SYMBOL: MRNA) shares are trading up 17% to $87.79 pre-market following the publication in The New England Journal of Medicine of interim data from a Phase 1 trial of its COVID-19 vaccine, mRNA-1273,” The Phase 3 trial is expected to begin on July 27.
- GlaxoSmithKline (SYMBOL: GSK) shares are trading up 2.22% to $41.60 pre-market received the thumbs up from the FDA Oncologic Drugs Advisory Committee, seeking regulatory approval of belantamab mafodotin for the treatment of patients who have received at least four prior lines of therapy for multiple myeloma. The committee voted 12-0 that the benefits outweigh the risks.
- Apple (SYMBOL: AAPL) won a court case Wednesday against the European Commission over a dispute concerning 13 billion euros ($14.9 billion) in Irish taxes. In a highly-anticipated landmark decision, the EU’s general court decided that the European Commission did not succeed in proving that there was an advantage given by the Irish government to the U.S. tech giant, Apple shares were up around 1.96% in pre-market trade on the news, at the price of 395.82$.
- (SYMBOL: WMT) Walmart shares trade near all-time highs, Morgan Stanley is bullish on the opportunities the retail giant has ahead. Walmart plans to roll out its membership service dubbed Walmart+, the stock trading up 0.75% at the price of 133$.
- Tesla (SYMBOL: TSLA) lands at least $14.7 million in tax breaks to locate Cybertruck factory in Texas, Lawmakers in Texas just gave Tesla and its CEO Elon Musk another incentive to locate its next factory there, stock is trading 3.44% up pre market at the price of 1569$.
- Delta Air Lines (SYMBOL: DAL) said on Wednesday it would record charges of up to $3 billion on employee voluntary retirement and separation plans in the current quarter, as the U.S. carrier looks to cut costs due to the coronavirus crisis, stock is trading 6.17% up pre market at the price of 27.72$.
- Airlines stocks are up today due to vaccine hopes, airlines ETF (SYMBOL: JETS) trading 6% up pre-market.
- Goldman Sachs (SYMBOL: GS) Tops Q2 Earnings Forecast As Trading Revenues Surge, Goldman Sachs said its global markets revenues rose 93% to $7.18 billion, helping offset a 70% rise in loan loss provisions and pushing the group’s bottom line well ahead of Wall Street forecasts, stock is trading 4.06% up pre market at the price of 222.72$.
- What to look for:
We entered Q2 earnings, the following companies will be reporting tomorrow (16/7/2020):
- Bank of America (SYMBOL: BAC) before market open.
- Johnson & Johnson (SYMBOL: JNJ) before market open.
- Morgan Stanley (SYMBOL: MS) before market open.
- Domino’s pizza (SYMBOL: DPZ) before market open.
- Charles Schwab (SYMBOL: SCHW) before market open.
- Netflix (SYMBOL: NFLX) after market close.