During Market hours on Monday – 25.04.2022
- The Dow (Symbol: DIA) went up 0.68%. The S&P 500 (Symbol: SPY) gained 0.58%. and the Nasdaq (Symbol: QQQ) rose 1.28%.
- Twitter (Symbol: TWTR) — Shares of the social media rose 5.7% on news that Twitter would accept a buyout from Elon Musk to take the company private for $54.20 per share.
- Penn National Gaming (Symbol: PENN) — Shares of the casino and online betting company rose 4.9% after an upgrade from Morgan Stanley. The investment firm hiked its rating to overweight, saying that the recent slump for Penn National’s stock made it an attractive valuation and that the company has a better strategy for gaining sports-betting customers than its competitors.
- Advanced Micro Devices (Symbol: AMD), Marvell (Symbol: MRVL) — AMD’s stock rallied 2.9% after Raymond James upgraded it to outperform and said its stock could surge 80%. Raymond James also upgraded Marvell to market perform, which sent shares up 3.9%
- Verizon (Symbol: VZ) — The stock fell nearly 3.1% after Goldman Sachs downgraded Verizon to neutral from buy on valuation, following a big subscriber loss for the telecom giant. Goldman said Verizon is positioned to remain a wireless leader in the 5G cycle but also anticipates a slowdown in revenue growth.
- Snowflake (Symbol: SNOW) — Shares surged 7.6% after Wolfe Research initiated coverage of the cloud data company with an outperform rating. The stock, which is trading at “Black Friday prices,” could get a boost at its upcoming analyst day, the analyst said. Wolfe expects new product reveals, as well as updated guidance on how Snow will reach $10 billion in annual product revenues by the 2029 fiscal year.
- ThredUp (Symbol: TDUP) — Shares of the resale stock dipped 2.3% following a downgrade from a buy to neutral rating by Goldman Sachs, which cited near-term headwinds.
- GoDaddy (Symbol: GDDY) — The stock ticked 4.5% higher after Piper Sandler upgraded the company to overweight from neutral, calling it a top defensive idea. The firm also said the website domain company has strong free cash flow potential, and it likes GoDaddy’s $3B capital return strategy for the next three years.
During Premarket hours today (Tuesday – 26.04.2022):
- General Electric (Symbol: GE) — General Electric’s stock fell 3.76% despite topping estimates in its quarterly report. The company confirmed its previous full-year profit guidance range and said it sees challenges from inflation and supply chain issues.
- United Parcel Services (Symbol: UPS) — Shares of the shipping and logistics giant gained 1.77% after beating analyst estimates on the top and bottom lines. UPS reported adjusted earnings per share of $3.05 on revenues of $24.38 billion while analysts expected $2.88 earnings per share on $23.79 billion in revenue.
- 3M (Symbol: MMM) — 3M shares were lost during premarket 1.76% after reporting quarterly earnings that topped estimates. The company saw revenues of $8.83 billion while analysts expected $8.74 billion in revenue.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance. Colmex Pro Ltd does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation and makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor for any loss arising from any investment based on presented information.