During Premarket hours today (Tuesday – 17.01.2023):
- Goldman Sachs (Symbol: GS) — The bank slid more than -2% after reporting earnings-per-share and revenue that missed Wall Street estimates Tuesday.
- Vodafone (Symbol: VOD) — The U.K. telecommunications company rose nearly +2% in the premarket. On Monday, Ghana approved Vodafone’s sale of 70% of its stake in Vodafone Ghana to Telecel Group. On Thursday, Vodafone was upgraded to buy by Bank of America, which said it was optimistic about the company’s prospects amid CEO Nick Read’s departure.
- Roku (Symbol: ROKU) — Roku shares dipped -1.8% after Truist downgraded the company to a hold from a buy rating, saying that the streaming stock is hypersensitive to a tough macro environment given that a large chunk of revenues are tied to advertising.
- Snap (Symbol: SNAP) — JMP Securities downgraded the company to market perform from market outperform, citing declining time spent on Snap and increased competition from Reels and YouTube shorts. Snap slid -1.4% in the premarket.
- Alibaba (Symbol: BABA) — Activist investor Ryan Cohen built a stake in the Chinese e-commerce giant, according to the Wall Street Journal. Cohen is pushing the company to increase its stock buyback program, the report said. Shares were higher by +0.5% in the premarket.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance. Colmex Pro Ltd does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation and makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor for any loss arising from any investment based on presented information.