During Premarket hours today – (Tuesday – 18.01.2022):
- Alibaba (Symbol: BABA) — Alibaba fell 3.8% in the premarket after a Reuters report said the Biden administration was reviewing the China-based company’s cloud unit to see if it poses a risk to US national security. The probe is said to focus on how the e-commerce giant stores the data of US clients.
- Citrix Systems (Symbol: CTXS) — Citrix jumped 2.8% in premarket trading following a Bloomberg report saying Elliott Investment Management and Vista Equity Partners were in advanced talks to buy the software company.
- Goldman Sachs (Symbol: GS) — Goldman Sachs fell 2.2% in the premarket after reporting a mixed fourth quarter. Goldman earned $10.81 per share for the quarter, compared with a consensus estimate of $11.76, although revenue beat analyst forecasts.
- Gap (Symbol: GPS) — Gap tumbled 5.4% in premarket trading after Morgan Stanley downgraded the apparel retailer’s stock to “underweight” from “equal-weight,” saying it expects margins for Gap and other mall-based specialty retailers to revert back to the declining path seen pre-pandemic.
- Credit Suisse (Symbol: CS) — Credit Suisse chairman Antonio Horta-Osorio resigned after he reportedly violated Covid-19 protocols on multiple occasions. Horta-Osorio’s departure comes after just eight months with the bank. Credit Suisse fell 3.4% in premarket trading.
- Unilever (Symbol: UL) — Unilever tumbled 9.8% in premarket action after the consumer products company made a $68 billion bid for GlaxoSmithKline’s (Symbol: GSK) consumer health business. That bid was the third in a series of offers to acquire the unit, but all were rejected by Glaxo as undervaluing the business. GlaxoSmithKline shares jumped 2.6%.
- Peloton (Symbol: PTON) — Peloton will begin charging for setup and delivery of its bicycles and treadmills starting January 31, services that had previously been included in the sales price. Peloton will charge $250 for setup and delivery of its bicycles and $350 for its treadmills. The stock fell 2.2% in premarket trading.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance. Colmex Pro Ltd does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation and makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor for any loss arising from any investment based on presented information.