During Market hours yesterday — (Monday – 14.06.2021):
- The Nasdaq (Symbol: QQQ) rose 0.7%. The S&P 500 (Symbol: SPY) gained 0.2% . The Dow (Symbol: DIA) slipped 0.3%.
- Lordstown Motors (Symbol: RIDE) — The electric truck maker’s stock fell 18.8% after announcing CEO Steve Burns and CFO Julio Rodriguez resigned. The moves came just days after Lordstown said it had substantial doubt about its ability to continue as a going concern due to challenges funding the production of its vehicles.
- Oatly (Symbol: OTLY) — Shares of the oat milk company dipped 4.7% after a number of Wall Street firms began coverage of the stock. JPMorgan slapped a neutral rating on the company, saying competition is set to increase in the space. Morgan Stanley rated the company equal weight, with Oppenheimer initiating coverage with a perform rating. Other firms, however, are bullish, with Jefferies, Credit Suisse and Piper Sandler putting a buy-equivalent rating on the stock. Shares of Oatly are still up more than 15% for the month.
- Square (Symbol: SQ) — Shares of the payments company rose 5.3% after Deutsche Bank reiterated its buy rating on the stock. “SQ has morphed into a two-sided financial ecosystem that continues to expand total addressable market and beat expectations and we see continued momentum on the horizon,” Deutsche Bank told clients.
- Philips (Symbol: PHG) — Philips shares dropped about 4% after the Dutch medical equipment company issued a recall of ventilators and sleep apnea machines. The company determined that a type of foam used in the devices could degrade and be toxic to users.
- Reddit favorites — Movement in stocks popular on Reddit’s WallStreetBets forum continued on Monday after weeks of volatile trading. AMC Entertainment (Symbol: AMC) surged about 15.4%, and ContextLogic (Symbol: WISH) jumped 12.7%. Clean Energy Fuels (Symbol: CLNE) increased 3.4%. Meanwhile, Bed Bath & Beyond (Symbol: BBBY) fell 5.5%, GameStop (Symbol: GME) dipped 1.7%, and Clover Health (Symbol: CLOV) lost 2.5%.
During Premarket hours today – (Tuesday – 15.06.2021):
- Vroom (Symbol: VRM) – Vroom intends to offer $500 million in convertible senior notes due in 2026. The used-vehicle e-commerce platform provider plans to use the proceeds for a variety of corporate purposes as well as investing in or acquiring new technologies. Its shares slid 6.1% in premarket trading.
- Ping Identity (Symbol: PING) – Ping Identity announced a 6 million share common stock offering, in a sale of shares held by investment funds affiliated with Vista Equity Partners. The identity management solutions company will not receive any proceeds from the offering. The stock tumbled 4.2% in premarket action.
- Sage Therapeutics (Symbol: SAGE) – The drugmaker’s shares tanked 17.5% in premarket trading following the release of study results for Sage’s experimental depression drug. The treatment resulted in a statistically significant improvement in symptoms, although it could take up to six weeks to be effective and treatment may be required for months.
- AstraZeneca (Symbol: AZN) – AstraZeneca said an experimental monoclonal antibody treatment did not meet its main goal of preventing Covid-19 in patients who had been exposed to the virus. The company also said, however, that its Covid-19 vaccine is 92% effective against the so-called “Delta” variant of the virus.
- Intuit (Symbol: INTU) – The financial software company revealed in an SEC filing that its QuickBooks online service saw new customer acquisition grow by more than 25% year-over-year for the nine months ended April 30. Intuit shares had hit an all-time high in Monday’s trading.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance. Colmex Pro Ltd does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation and makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor for any loss arising from any investment based on presented information.