During Market hours yesterday – (Monday – 20.12.2021):
- Oracle (Symbol: ORCL) — Shares slid 5.2% following the announcement the enterprise software maker will acquire medical records technology provider Cerner in an all-cash deal of $95 per share, or about $28.3 billion in equity value. Cerner shares, which jumped nearly 13% on Friday following initial reports of the deal, inched less than 1% higher on Monday. The acquisition is the largest ever for Oracle.
- Canopy Growth (Symbol: CGN) — Shares of the cannabis producer dropped 8.8% after Piper Sandler downgraded the stock to underweight from neutral, citing sales trends under pressure. Last week, Wells Fargo initiated coverage of the stock with an underweight rating, calling the company overvalued.
- Sunrun (Symbol: RUN) — Shares of the residential solar company dipped 8.2% amid uncertainty about the Build Back Better bill, and after KeyBanc cut the stock to a sector weight rating. The firm’s call centers on the proposed decision from California regulators to slash solar incentives that have been instrumental to the industry’s growth. Given Sunrun’s exposure to the California market, KeyBanc said the valuation implications are “too wide for comfort.”
- AT&T (Symbol: T) — Shares of the telecom giant rose 1.7% amid a broad market sell-off after an upgrade from Barclays. The Wall Street firm hiked its rating on AT&T to overweight from neutral, saying the telecom stock deserved to close the valuation gap on some of its rivals.
During Premarket hours today – (Tuesday – 21.12.2021):
- Nike (Symbol: NKE) – Nike jumped 3.5% in the premarket after it reported quarterly earnings of 83 cents per share, 20 cents a share above estimates. Revenue was slightly above forecasts, but the athletic footwear and apparel maker said sales were hurt by a slowdown in production and transportation of its goods.
- SolarEdge Technologies (Symbol: SEDG) – The solar equipment maker’s stock rose 2.5% in premarket trading after it was named a “top pick” at Cowen. The firm said investor enthusiasm remains high for both solar and fuel cell technology, despite a move by California to dampen solar incentives.
- Nvidia (Symbol: NVDA) – The graphics chipmaker’s stock added 3% in the premarket after it was named a “top pick” at UBS, which notes Nvidia’s “wide moats” in its markets.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance. Colmex Pro Ltd does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation and makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor for any loss arising from any investment based on presented information.