During Market hours yesterday – (Monday – 25.10.2021):
- The Dow (Symbol: DIA) went up 0.23%. The S&P 500 (Symbol: SPY) rose 0.54% and the Nasdaq (Symbol: QQQ) jumped 1.02%.
- PayPal (Symbol: PYPL), Pinterest (Symbol: PINS) – Shares of PayPal climbed more than 3% as Pinterest shares tumbled more than 12% after PayPal addressed reports from last week that it’s in talks to purchase Pinterest, clarifying that it is not pursuing an acquisition of the social media giant “at this time.” Last week Pinterest shares surged on the reports, while PayPal shares dropped.
- Tesla (Symbol: TSLA) – Shares of the electric vehicle company jumped more than 9% to hit an all-time high following news that Hertz is ordering 100,000 vehicles to build out an EV rental fleet by the end of 2022. The deal, which will bring in a reported $4.2 billion for Tesla.
- Kimberly-Clark (Symbol: KMB) – Shares of Kimberly-Clark dipped 2.2% after the consumer products company’s quarterly earnings came in at $1.62 per share, 3 cents lower than the Refinitiv consensus estimate. Kimberly-Clark said inflation and supply chain issues hurt earnings.
- Restaurant Brands International (Symbol: QSR) – Shares of Restaurant Brands International fell 5% after the company reported quarterly earnings. The parent of Burger King and other chains topped earnings expectations by 2 cents per share while revenue came in slightly below expectations.
- Bakkt Holdings (Symbol: BKKT) – Shares of Bakkt surged more than 200% after CNBC reported the newly public crypto firm would provide custodial services for Mastercard. Mastercard will soon allow banks and merchants to integrate crypto into their products, including bitcoin wallets, credit and debit cards that earn rewards in crypto and loyalty programs where points can be converted into bitcoin.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance. Colmex Pro Ltd does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation and makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor for any loss arising from any investment based on presented information.