During Market hours Yesterday — (Thursday – 06.10.2022):
- The Dow (Symbol: DIA) went down -1.18%. The S&P 500 (Symbol: SPY) lost -1.03%. and the Nasdaq (Symbol: QQQ) fell -0.79%.
- Compass (Symbol: COMP) — Shares surged +16.1% after Insider reported Vista Equity Partners is considering a deal that would take the real estate technology company private.
- General Electric (Symbol: GE) — General Electric’s stock shed -1.8% amid news that the company is firing 20% of its onshore wind workforce in the U.S.
- Conagra (Symbol: CAG) — Conagra’s stock traded -3.7% lower despite a top and bottom line beat in its recent fiscal quarter. The food producer also reaffirmed its outlook for the year.
- Shell (Symbol: SHEL) — Shares of the energy producer fell -4.4% after the company warned that it expects lower refining margins and weaker earnings from natural gas trading. Shell also cited higher costs for delivering fuel.
- Silvergate Capital (Symbol: SI) — Shares fell -6.5% after Wells Fargo double downgraded the crypto bank stock to underweight from overweight, citing deposit outflows because of sharply falling cryptocurrency prices.
- Pinterest (Symbol: PINS) — Shares of the vision board company jumped nearly +5% after Goldman Sachs upgraded the stock to buy from neutral. The analyst said he came away from a recent meeting with senior Pinterest management with increased confidence in user growth and monetization on the platform.
- Take-Two Interactive (Symbol: TTWO) — The gaming company added +3.5% after Goldman Sachs upgraded Take-Two to a buy rating, saying the recent pullback in the stock create a good entry point for investors.
- Peloton (Symbol: PTON) — Peloton shares bounced back +4% after the at-home fitness company announced a plan to slash 500 more jobs, or 12% of its workforce, to help steer it back to growth. It was up about 3% midday after falling in the premarket.
During Premarket hours today – (Friday – 07.10.2022):
- Advanced Micro Devices (Symbol: AMD) – AMD slid -5.3% in the premarket after cutting its sales forecast. The chipmaker said it is being hit by a larger than expected slump in the personal computer market.
- Levi Strauss (Symbol: LEVI) – Levi Strauss took a -5.3% premarket hit after cutting its full-year sales and profit outlook. The apparel maker is seeing an impact from higher costs, supply chain issues and a stronger U.S. dollar.
- CVS Health (Symbol: CVS) – CVS shares fell -5% in premarket trading, following a downgrade of one of its Aetna Medicare Advantage plans in annual ratings issued by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- DraftKings (Symbol: DKNG) – DraftKings rallied +5.6% in premarket action after Bloomberg reported that the sports betting firm is close to striking a major new partnership with Walt Disney’s (Symbol: DIS) ESPN unit.
- Lyft (Symbol: LYFT) – Lyft fell -2.6% in the premarket after RBC downgraded the ride-hailing service’s stock to “sector perform” from “outperform.” RBC said its driver supply analysis points to a less bullish outlook for Lyft and that competitor Uber (Symbol: UBER) enjoys “structural advantages” over Lyft.
- Credit Suisse (Symbol: CS) – Credit Suisse rallied +5.6% in the premarket after the bank said it would buy back up to $3 billion in debt as it seeks to reassure investors of its financial health.
- Aurora Cannabis (Symbol: ACB), Canopy Growth Corp (Symbol: CGC) and Cronos Group (Symbol: CRON) were among cannabis stocks that rallied Thursday after President Joe Biden announced pardons for those convicted of federal marijuana possession charges.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance. Colmex Pro Ltd does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation and makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor for any loss arising from any investment based on presented information.