During Market hours Yesterday — (Thursday – 13.01.2022):
- The Dow (Symbol: DIA) went down 0.48%. The S&P 500 (Symbol: SPY) lost 1.38% and the Nasdaq (Symbol: QQQ) dropped 2.50%.
- Ford (Symbol: F) — Shares jumped more than 2% as the automaker’s market cap topped $100 billion for the first time Thursday. The rally comes as the company plans to increase electric vehicle production, including the Mustang Mach-E crossover and an upcoming electric version of its best-selling F-150 pickup. Deutsche Bank also named Ford one of its top 2022 auto stock picks.
- Delta Air Lines (Symbol: DAL) — The airline’s stock rose about 2% after beating on the top and bottom lines of its quarterly results. Delta earned an adjusted 22 cents per share on revenue of $9.47 billion. Wall Street expected adjusted earnings of 14 cents per share on revenue of $9.21 billion, according to Refinitiv. The company also said it expects to turn a profit in 2022.
- Virgin Galactic (Symbol: SPCE) — The stock plunged 18.9% after the space tourism company announced plans to raise up to $500 million in debt. The company intends to raise $425 million from the sale of 2027 convertible senior notes through a private offering, with an additional $75 million option also expected to be granted to buyers.
- Moderna (Symbol: MRNA) — The vaccine maker saw its shares fall 5.7% after the company said it expects to report data from its Covid-19 vaccine trials involving 2- to 5-year-olds by March. The company could file for approval to vaccinate that age group if the data is supportive, it said in a statement.
- Virgin Orbit (Symbol: VORB) — Shares fell 5.6% as the company was set for a satellite launch mission Thursday afternoon.
- Taiwan Semiconductor (Symbol: TSM) — Shares rose 5.3% after the chipmaker’s fourth-quarter profit and revenue topping beat StreetAccount consensus estimates. The company also issued an upbeat outlook.
During Premarket hours today – (Friday – 14.01.2022):
- JPMorgan Chase (Symbol: JPM) — JPMorgan beat estimates by 32 cents with quarterly earnings of $3.33 per share, while revenue topped forecasts as well. The bank was helped by strong performance at its investment banking unit, but results at its trading operation slowed. JPMorgan shares fell 2.7% in the premarket.
- Wells Fargo (Symbol: WFC) — Wells Fargo gained 2.3% in the premarket after beating estimates on the top and bottom lines for the fourth quarter. Wells Fargo earned an adjusted $1.25 per share, 12 cents above estimates. Overall profit was boosted by the release of loan loss provisions and improving loan demand.
- Walt Disney (Symbol: DIS) — Disney lost 1.6% in premarket trading after Guggenheim downgraded the stock to “neutral” from “buy,” reflecting lowered predictions for Disney’s direct-to-consumer and parks businesses.
- Virgin Orbit (Symbol: VORB) — Virgin Orbit successfully launched seven small satellites Thursday, the first launch since the company went public last month. Shares gained 1.1% in premarket trading.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance. Colmex Pro Ltd does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation and makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor for any loss arising from any investment based on presented information.