During Market hours Yesterday — (Thursday – 28.10.2021):
- The Dow (Symbol: DIA) went up 0.65%. The S&P 500 (Symbol: SPY) jumped 0.96% and the Nasdaq (Symbol: QQQ) rose 1.11%.
- Ford Motor (Symbol: F) — Shares of the automaker soared 8.7% after a stellar earnings report. Ford Motor, which reported earnings Wednesday, nearly doubled Wall Street’s earnings expectations and slightly beat revenue projections for the third quarter.
- eBay (Symbol: EBAY) — The e-commerce company’s stock fell 6.8% after a weak fourth-quarter revenue guidance.
- Caterpillar (Symbol: CAT) — Shares of Caterpillar rose 1.7% after it reported a third-quarter beat on bottom-line estimates despite a slight revenue miss. The heavy equipment maker recorded earnings of $2.66 per share, beating analysts’ estimates of $2.20.
- Merck (Symbol: MRK) — The drug maker jumped 6.1% after reporting its quarterly earnings. Merck brought in $1.75 per share, beating estimates by 20 cents, and topping revenue estimates thanks to stronger sales of vaccines and cancer drugs.
- Twilio (Symbol: TWLO) — Shares of Twilio sunk 17.6% despite better-than-expected quarterly earnings results. Twilio earned 1 cent per share, better than the 15 cent loss per share expected, according to Refinitiv. Revenue also came in above estimates. However, Twilio forecast a wider-than-expected loss in the fourth quarter. COO George Hu also announced his departure.
- Teradyne (Symbol: TER) — Teradyne’s stock surged 11.3% after a better-than-expected earnings report. The equipment maker reported adjusted profit of $1.59 per share on revenue of $950.5 million. Analysts surveyed by StreetAccount expected earnings of $1.43 per share on revenue of $932.9 million.
- Teladoc Health (Symbol: TDOC) — Shares of telehealth company popped 7.6% after reporting a smaller-than-expected earnings loss for the third quarter. Teladoc lost 53 cents per share, while analysts expected a loss of 65 cents per share, according to Refinitiv. The company made $522 million in revenue, topping estimates of $517 million.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance. Colmex Pro Ltd does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation and makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor for any loss arising from any investment based on presented information.