During Market hours yesterday — (Thursday – 29.12.2022):
- The Dow (Symbol: DIA) went up +1.06%. The S&P 500 (Symbol: SPY) gained +1.80%. and the Nasdaq (Symbol: QQQ) jumped +2.44%.
- Netflix (Symbol: NFLX)— The streaming giant gained +5.1% following a double upgrade to buy from sell by CFRA. The firm said it would be difficult for competitors to catch up with the company.
- Cal-Maine Foods (Symbol: CALM) — Cal-Maine shares shed -14.5% after reporting earnings that fell short of Wall Street’s expectations even as the egg producer reported record sales. The company said the avian flu outbreak limited supply and pushed prices up.
- Southwest Airlines (Symbol: LUV) — The airline stock rose +3.7%, paring back losses from the previous session when it dropped more than 5%. Severe disruptions at Southwest Airlines have drawn outsized criticism from frustrated travelers, who have dealt with thousands of canceled flights from airlines this week because of winter weather. Southwest Airlines canceled another 60% of its flights on Wednesday. According to The Dallas Morning News, it’s expected to restore its full schedule on Friday.
- Tesla (Symbol: TSLA) — Tesla shares gained more than +8% after selling off during the previous sessions and 37% this month. The stock’s headed for one of its worst months, quarters and years ever.
- Apple (Symbol: AAPL) — The iPhone maker’s stock rose nearly +3% after hitting its lowest level since June 2021 earlier in the week.
- General Electric (Symbol: GE) — Shares rose +2.2% amid news that General Electric’s health-care spinoff will join the S&P 500 when it starts trading separately on Jan. 4. GE Healthcare will replace Vornado Realty Trust, set to join the S&P MidCap 400.
- ImmunoGen (Symbol: IMGN) — Shares added +5.5% after the biotechnology company announced CFO Susan Altschuller would not return from her time off. Renee Lentini, the vice president and chief accounting officer, was named interim CFO. The stock initially dropped in premarket trading.
- TG Therapeutics (Symbol: TGTX) — The biopharmaceutical stock soared +22.9% on news that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved its drug to treat relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis. The drug, known as Briumvi, is expected to roll out during the first quarter of 2023.
During Premarket hours today – (Friday – 30.12.2022):
- Tesla (Symbol: TSLA) – Tesla is down -1% in the premarket after posting its first back-to-back gains since November 22 to 23. Tesla has not risen three days in a row since a four-day win streak from October 25 to 28. The stock is still down 65% for 2022.
- Audacy (Symbol: AUD) – Audacy stock rallied +9.7% in the premarket after the small-cap radio station operator said it will auction off the radio.com internet domain with a reported minimum bid of $2.5 million.
- Mesa Air Group (Symbol: MESA) – The regional air carrier reported a bigger-than-expected quarterly loss and revenue that fell short of analyst estimates. Mesa shares fell -3% in premarket trading.
- Enovix (Symbol: ENVX) – The lithium-ion battery manufacturer appointed Raj Talluri as its chief executive officer, effective January 18. Talluri was senior vice president and general manager of Micron Technology’s (Symbol: MU) mobile business unit. Enovix jumped +5.1% in premarket action.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance. Colmex Pro Ltd does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation and makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor for any loss arising from any investment based on presented information.