Please see below Market News for Yesterday (Tuesday – 05.01.2021) and today Premarket (Wednesday – 06.01.2020):
During Market hours Yesterday — (Tuesday – 05.01.2021):
- The Dow (Symbol: DIA) went up 0.50% The S&P 500 (Symbol: SPY) rose 0.69% . The Nasdaq (Symbol: QQQ) also went up 0.82%
- Micron (Symbol: MU) — Micron shares popped more than 4.3% after a Citi analyst upgraded the chipmaker to buy from sell, citing a favorable supply-and-demand outlook.
- Alibaba (Symbol: BABA) — Shares of the Chinese e-commerce giant jumped more than 5.5% after CNBC’s David Faber reported billionaire founder Jack Ma is not missing and he’s just laying low for the time being. There had been speculations about Ma’s disappearance after his Ant Group saw its record-setting IPO suspended by stock exchanges in Shanghai and Hong Kong. Ma was last seen at a public event in October.
- JD.com (Symbol: JD) — Shares of the Chinese e-commerce giant rose more than 10% after a Stifel analyst upgraded them to buy from hold. “JD.com remains one of the leading eCommerce platforms in China with a number of secular growth trends to support healthy long-term growth and ongoing margin expansion,” the analyst said.
- China Telecom (Symbol: CHA), China Mobile (Symbol: CHL), China Unicom (Symbol: CHU) — Shares of the three Chinese telecom giants popped after the New York Stock Exchange said it no longer plans to delist the stocks from their exchange. Shares of China Telecom and China Mobile rose more than 8.80% each. Shares of China Unicom rallied more than 11%.
- Diamondback Energy (Symbol: FANG), Exxon Mobil (Symbol: XOM), Chevron (Symbol: CVX) — Shares of the oil and energy giants rose on Tuesday after U.S. West Texas Intermediate crude futures, the U.S. oil benchmark, broke above $50 for the first time since February. Shares of Diamondback Energy surged 9.66%. Exxon Mobil and Chevron rose 4.8% and 2.7%, respectively.
- First Solar (Symbol: FSLR) — Shares of the solar company tanked more than 9% after Goldman Sachs downgraded the stock to sell from buy. The Wall Street firm said earnings and revenue have already peaked for this cycle.
- Roku (Symbol: ROKU) — Shares of Roku gained 5.4% after Wells Fargo hiked its price target on the streaming media company to a Street high of $414 from $275. The bank said there is a big runway for Roku’s growth amid a push into monetizable video-on-demand content. The new price target would translate into a 25% rally in the next 12 months.
- Uber (Symbol: UBER) — Shares of the ride hailing giant popped 5.6% after Needham named Uber a top pick. The Wall Street firm said the Covid-19 recovery is not fully priced into Uber’s stock.
During Premarket hours today – (Wednesday – 06.01.2021):
- UnitedHealth (Symbol: UNH) – The health insurer is buying health-care technology company Change Healthcare (CHNG) for $25.75 per share in cash, compared to Change’s Tuesday close of $18.24, or $7.84 billion. UnitedHealth will combine Change Healthcare with its Optum health IT unit. Change Healthcare shares surged 33% in premarket trading as of 7:47 a.m. ET.
- Tesla (Symbol: TSLA) – Morgan Stanley raised its price target for Tesla to a Street-high $810 per share, following better-than-expected fourth-quarter deliveries. Morgan Stanley maintains an “overweight” rating on the stock. The shares rose 3% in premarket trading as of 7:47 a.m. ET.
- First Solar (Symbol: FSLR) – Solar stocks are rising as Democrats come closer to controlling the Senate and possibly implementing more alternative energy-friendly policies. First Solar jumped 6% in premarket trading as of 7:47 a.m. ET.
- Bank of America (Symbol: BAC) – Deutsche Bank named Bank of America a “top pick,” based on a positive outlook for bank stocks in general and the idea that BofA has strong cost controls, solid capital returns, and other positive factors. The shares gained 3% in premarket trading as of 7:47 a.m. ET.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance. Colmex Pro Ltd does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation and makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor for any loss arising from any investment based on presented information.