During Market hours yesterday — (Tuesday – 21.12.2021):
- The Dow (Symbol: DIA) went up 1.61%. The S&P 500 (Symbol: SPY) rose 1.78% and the Nasdaq (Symbol: QQQ) jumped 2.24%.
- Rite Aid (Symbol: RAD) — Shares of Rite Aid rallied 21.3% after it reported a quarterly profit of 15 cents per share, smashing analysts’ expectations for a quarterly loss of 32 cents per share. The drugstore chain also announced a store-closure program it expects will help save about $25 million annually.
- Micron (Symbol: MU) — Shares of the semiconductor company surged 10.5% after it beat estimates on the top and bottom lines for its fiscal first quarter. Second-quarter guidance also impressed analysts and helped Micron earn an upgrade from Bank of America.
- Boeing (Symbol: DIA) — The aircraft maker’s shares rose 5.8% after UPS placed an order for 19 of the company’s 767 freighters. Also on Tuesday, RBC named Boeing a top stock pick for 2022, saying it sees free cash flow improving.
- Pfizer (Symbol: PFE), Moderna (Symbol: MRNA) — Vaccine stocks traded lower after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director said initial Covid-19 shots “may not be enough” to prevent infection and noted that the omicron variant has more than 50 different mutations. Shares of both Pfizer and Moderna fell about 3%.
- SolarEdge (Symbol: SEDG) — On a strong day for solar stocks, SolarEdge outperformed and rose more than 8.8% after Cowen named it a top stock pick for 2022. The investment firm said in a note to clients that SolarEdge can benefit from both the residential and commercial rooftop solar markets.
During Premarket hours today – (Wednesday – 22.12.2021):
- Tesla (Symbol: TSLA) – Tesla shares rose 3.4% in the premarket after CEO Elon Musk said he has now sold enough stock to reach his goal of selling 10% of his shares. Over that time, however, Musk has actually increased his holdings in Tesla due to the exercising of options.
- Caterpillar (Symbol: CAT) – Caterpillar rose 1.6% in the premarket after Bernstein upgraded the heavy equipment maker’s stock to “outperform” from “market perform.” Bernstein said concerns about a machinery upgrade cycle ending in 2022 are overdone.
- CalAmp (Symbol: CAMP) – CalAmp lost an adjusted 8 cents per share for its latest quarter, surprising analysts who had expected a profit of 8 cents per share. The maker of wireless data communications products and software also saw revenue fall short of forecasts, with component shortages a key factor impacting its results. CalAmp plunged 15.7% in premarket action.
- Alibaba (Symbol: BABA) – Alibaba shares fell 4% in the premarket after Atlantic Equities downgraded the Chinese e-commerce company’s stock to “neutral” from “overweight.” The firm cites concerns that Alibaba shopping platforms Tmall and Taobao won’t see improvement in their performances in the near term.
- Coinbase Global (Symbol: COIN) – The cryptocurrency infrastructure company was named a “top pick” for 2022 at Oppenheimer, which pointed to an accelerating move into the mainstream for digital assets.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance. Colmex Pro Ltd does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation and makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor for any loss arising from any investment based on presented information.