During Market hours Yesterday — (Wednesday – 01.12.2021):
- The Dow (Symbol: DIA) fell 1.29%. The S&P 500 (Symbol: SPY) went down 1.11% and the Nasdaq (Symbol: QQQ) dropped 1.70%.
- Allbirds (Symbol: BIRD) — Allbirds shares sunk more than 16% after the shoe maker’s losses grew in the third quarter, even as its revenue rose from last year. The quarterly earnings report was Allbirds’ first as a public company.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Symbol: VRTX) — Vertex shares rose more than 9% after the biotech company announced positive results from a study of its its VX-147 drug candidate in a severe genetic kidney disorder and said it plans to advance it into pivotal development.
- Moderna (Symbol: MRNA) — Shares of the drugmaker tumbled 11.8% after the company appealed a patent ruling related to a competitor Arbutus Pharma’s drug-delivery technology and lost. Arbutus (Symbol: ABUS) shares soared 44%.
- Salesforce (Symbol: CRM) — The software giant’s shares dropped 11.7% on the back of mixed fourth-quarter guidance, which overshadowed better-than-expected results for the third quarter.
- Box (Symbol: BOX) — Cloud services company Box saw its shares jump 10% following its quarterly financial results. Box posted earnings of 22 cents per share on revenue of $224 million versus the Refinitv estimates of 21 cents per share on revenue of $218.5 million.
- Ambarella (Symbol: AMBA) — The semiconductor company’s shares jumped 14% after a better-than-expected quarterly report. Ambarella recorded a profit of 57 cents per share, beating a Refinitiv estimate by 8 cents. Revenue came in at $92.2 million versus the $90.3 million expected.
During Premarket hours today (Thursday – 02.12.2021):
U.S. weekly jobless claims total 222,000, vs 240,000 estimate
- Snowflake (Symbol: SNOW) — The cloud data company’s shares jumped more than 13% after the company reported quarterly results that beat revenue estimates. Snowflake also reported sales of $334 million during the third quarter, which exceeded the $306 million expected by analysts surveyed by Refinitiv.
- Apple (Symbol: AAPL) — Shares of Apple fell 3% after the company told some of its suppliers there could be slowing demand for iPhone 13 models, according to a report by Bloomberg. It previously expected the reduction in its initial production goal to be made up in 2022 but said that may not materialize now.
- Five Below (Symbol: FIVE) — The retailer’s shares gained more than 9% after reporting quarterly results that beat on both earnings and revenue. It also reported an increase in comparable-store sales of 14.8%, smashing the estimates of 5.3%, according to Refinitiv.
- Okta (Symbol: OKTA) — Shares of the identity company added 2.5% following the company’s quarterly results. Okta brought in a quarterly loss of 7 cents per share, which is narrower than the 24 cents per share loss estimated by analysts. It also beat revenue estimates and issued fourth-quarter guidance above estimates.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance. Colmex Pro Ltd does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation and makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor for any loss arising from any investment based on presented information.