Commodities & Agriculture:
- Gold futures were down -0.5% at $1,805.45.
- Silver futures dropped -1%, while Platinum futures were largely unchanged.
- Copper Futures rose +0.2% to $3.64 a pound, following a 1.7% rally in the prior session. Zinc and Nickel futures rallied +2.5% and +4.2%, respectively, on Wednesday.
- The dollar index remained on the back foot in European trading hours, slipping -0.2% to 105.000, after recording its biggest daily fall in five months, of 1%, the previous day.
- The euro (EUR) was last up a third of a percent, +0.33, at $1.03330.
- The yen (JPY) gained +0.2% to 132.595 yen per dollar.
- Sterling (GBP) dipped -0.2% against the dollar to $1.21980, after gaining more than 1% the previous day.
During Market hours Yesterday — (Wednesday – 10.08.2022)
- The Dow (Symbol: DIA) went up +1.61%. The S&P 500 (Symbol: SPY) gained +2.10% and the Nasdaq (Symbol: QQQ) spiked +2.79%.
- Coinbase (Symbol: COIN) – Shares of the crypto services operator jumped about +7.4% despite the company reporting a wider-than-expected loss late Tuesday and a decline in volumes in the most recent quarter. The rally coincided with a move higher in bitcoin after a key inflation reading showed a better-than-expected slowdown in rising prices.
- Roblox (Symbol: RBLX) – Shares of the video game platform added +1.4% even after postmarket earnings Tuesday missed analyst expectations. Roblox’s quarterly loss was wider than expected, and its bookings, which include sales recognized during the quarter and deferred revenue, declined by 4% year over year.
- Twitter (Symbol: TWTR) – The social media company climbed +3.7% after Elon Musk disclosed the sale of nearly $7 billion in Tesla shares in the past few days. Investors are uncertain whether a Delaware Chancery court will force Musk to follow through on his deal to buy Twitter for $44 billion. Shares of Tesla (Symbol: TSLA) gained more than +2.5%.
- Trade Desk (Symbol: TTD) — Shares of the digital advertising firm soared +36.2% after it gave an upbeat forecast for the current quarter and revenue beat estimates in the quarter just ended.
- Unity Software (Symbol: U) — The software company jumped more than +10% after Unity reported an adjusted loss of 18 cents per share, three cents better than estimates, according to Refinitiv. Unity’s revenue and guidance were lower than expected. The stock is now trading within 10% of $58.85 per share, which is the price offered by AppLovin in a nonbinding merger proposal earlier this week.
- H&R Block (Symbol: HRB) — The tax preparation services company jumped more than +15% after it raised its dividend and authorized a new $1.25 billion buyback. H&R Block also beat top and bottom line estimates in the most recent quarter.
During Premarket hours today (Thursday – 11.08.2022)
- Six Flags (Symbol: SIX) — The theme park operator’s stock tumbled -12.8% in the premarket after its quarterly profit and revenue fell well short of Wall Street forecasts. Six Flags saw its results hit by a 22% drop in attendance, among other factors.
- Canada Goose (Symbol: GOOS) — The outerwear maker reported a smaller-than-expected quarterly loss, with revenue exceeding analyst forecasts. Canada Goose is the latest luxury retailer to see its high-end consumers maintain their spending levels. The stock added +2.4% in premarket trading.
- Utz Brands (Symbol: UTZ) — The salty snacks maker’s stock jumped +8.2% in the premarket after reporting quarterly profit and revenue that was better than expected, as well as raising its full-year sales outlook.
- Walt Disney (Symbol: DIS) — Disney rallied +8.9% in the premarket after reporting better-than-expected quarterly earnings and announcing a December 8 launch date for an ad-supported version of its Disney+ streaming service. It also announced it would increase the price of its ad-free service to $10.99 per month from $7.99.
- Vacasa (Symbol: VCSA) — Vacasa soared +24.7% in premarket action after the provider of vacation rental services raised its full-year outlook amid a surge in demand. Vacasa also reported a surprise quarterly profit.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance. Colmex Pro Ltd does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation and makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor for any loss arising from any investment based on presented information.