During Market hours Yesterday — (Wednesday – 12.10.2022):
- The Dow (Symbol: DIA) went down -0.04%. The S&P 500 (Symbol: SPY) lost -0.33%. and the Nasdaq (Symbol: QQQ) fell -0.03%.
- Moderna (Symbol: MRNA) — Shares of Moderna surged +10% after the drug maker announced it will partner with Merck to jointly develop and sell a cancer vaccine. Moderna’s vaccine is being studied in combination with Merck’s Keytruda to treat patients with high-risk melanoma in a Phase 2 trial.
- American International Group (Symbol: AIG) — AIG’s stock rallied +3% after Jeffries upgraded it to buy from hold. Jefferies said it sees “unappreciated core growth” for the global insurance company.
- PepsiCo (Symbol: PEP) — Shares of the snack and beverage maker jumped +4.3% after the company reported profits and revenue that topped analyst expectations. Pepsi also raised its guidance for the year as it was able to successfully raise prices on its products.
- Lyft (Symbol: LYFT) — Lyft shares gained +5.8% following an upgrade from Gordon Haskett to buy from hold. The firm said the stock is trading at attractive levels and should benefit as driver supply improves. The upgrade came after shares fell Tuesday as the Labor Department proposed a change to how gig workers are classified.
- Philips (Symbol: PHG) — Netherlands-based Philips fell more than -11% to a 52-week low after it said third-quarter core profit would be down about 60% from last year. The health tech company also reported a hit of about $1.3 billion to the value of its respiratory care offering.
During Premarket hours today — (Thursday – 13.10.2022):
- Delta Air Lines (Symbol: DAL) – The airline’s stock rose +3.9% in the premarket on the strength of an upbeat current-quarter forecast as travel demand continues to rebound. For its most recent quarter, Delta earned an adjusted $1.51 per share, a number that was 2 cents below consensus but included a 3-cent impact from the effects of Hurricane Ian.
- Walgreens (Symbol: WBA) – Walgreens rallied +6.8% in the premarket after the drugstore operator reported better-than-expected quarterly profit and revenue. The company also raised its long-term sales targets.
- Digital World Acquisition (Symbol: DWAC) – Digital World Acquisition surged +11.2% in the premarket after Google approved Truth Social – the social media platform backed by former President Donald Trump – for inclusion in its app store. Digital World is the special purpose acquisition company that plans to merge with Truth Social and take it public, though shareholders have yet to approve the merger.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance. Colmex Pro Ltd does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation and makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor for any loss arising from any investment based on presented information.