During Market hours Yesterday — (Wednesday – 18.01.2023):
- The Dow (Symbol: DIA) went down -1.83%. The S&P 500 (Symbol: SPY) lost -1.58%. and the Nasdaq (Symbol: QQQ) dropped -1.30%.
- Moderna (Symbol: MRNA) — Shares rose +3.3% a day after the pharmaceutical company said its respiratory syncytial virus vaccine is effective in preventing the disease in older adults.
- Chegg (Symbol: CHGG) — Shares fell -16.6% after Needham downgraded Chegg to hold from buy, saying the online education company will have trouble reaching consensus for full-year revenue growth in Chegg Services, according to StreetAccount.
- Microsoft (Symbol: MSFT) — Shares of the technology giant moved about -1.9% lower after it announced plans to cut 10,000 jobs through March 31 in an attempt to trim costs as economic uncertainties linger and growth slows. Microsoft also said it’s taking a $1.2 billion charge connected to lease consolidation and other activities.
- Mobileye (Symbol: MBLY) — Shares of the assisted driving company gained +6.1% after Deutsche Bank initiated coverage of the stock as a buy. The firm said Mobileye’s technology was superior and could help the company become a Tier 1 auto supplier.
- Oatly Group (Symbol: OTLY) — Shares of Oatly Group fell nearly -4.1%, losing steam after Mizuho upgraded the stock to buy from neutral. The firm said improving capacity should accelerate growth for the plant beverage company.
- YETI Holdings (Symbol: YETI) — Shares of the lifestyle outdoor brands company shed about -7% after being downgraded by Cowen to market perform from outperform. The Wall Street firm said e-commerce traffic trends were moderating.
During Premarket hours today — (Thursday – 19.01.2023):
- Roblox (Symbol: RBLX) — Roblox shares fell -6.7% after Morgan Stanley downgraded the gaming company to underweight from equal weight and said the upside is limited following the stock’s recent outperformance.
- Discover (Symbol: DFS) — The online bank lost -7.3% despite beating expectations for per-share earnings and revenue. Discover boosted its provision for credit losses compared to the prior year, potentially signaling that it sees a weaker economy ahead.
- CureVac (Symbol: CVAC) — The biopharmaceutical company jumped +8.2% following an upgrade to buy from neutral by UBS, which said Phase 1 results for a treatment that uses mRNA for influenza saw a “major infection point.”
- Apple (Symbol: AAPL) — Shares slid -1.2% after JPMorgan cut its price target on Apple and said the technology company had a tough setup going into earnings from supply headwinds.
- Ford (Symbol: F) — The automaker fell -1.2% after Evercore ISI cut its price target on the stock, noting that automakers could struggle if a recession comes but see sales come back in the three to six months following.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance. Colmex Pro Ltd does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation and makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor for any loss arising from any investment based on presented information.