During Market hours Yesterday — (Wednesday – 19.10.2022):
- The Dow (Symbol: DIA) went down -0.37%. The S&P 500 (Symbol: SPY) lost -0.71%. and the Nasdaq (Symbol: QQQ) fell -0.36%.
- Netflix (Symbol: NFLX) — Shares of the streaming media company soared +13.1% after the firm on Tuesday posted better-than-expected results on the top and bottom lines. Netflix also reported the addition of 2.41 million net global subscribers, more than doubling the adds the company had projected a quarter ago.
- Interactive Brokers (Symbol: IBKR) — Shares of Interactive Brokers added +6.9% after the electronic broker reported adjusted earnings for the third quarter of $1.08 per share, compared to FactSet’s estimates of 96 cents per share. Adjusted revenue came in at $847 million, while FactSet estimates put it at $797.6 million.
- Procter & Gamble (Symbol: PG) — Procter & Gamble’s stock added +0.9% after beating analysts’ expectations on the top and bottom lines in the recent quarter. The beat for the consumer staples’ stock came as high prices helped offset shrinking volumes and currency-related headwinds. The company also trimmed its sales guidance for the full year.
- Snap (Symbol: SNAP) — The social media stock climbed +2.5% after Citi added a positive catalyst watch on Snap heading into its earnings results Thursday. The firm said Snap’s revenue and EBITDA are “likely to be better” than expectations due to an improving advertising environment.
- Petco (Symbol: WOOF) — Shares of Petco slipped -7.8%, hitting a fresh 52-week low Wednesday after the retailer was downgraded by Evercore ISI.
During Premarket hours today — (Thursday – 20.10.2022):
- AT&T (Symbol: T) — AT&T rose +2.4% in the premarket after reporting better-than-expected profit and revenue for the third quarter. The company said wireless revenue rose 5.6%, the best quarterly improvement in more than a decade, and postpaid phone net additions came in higher than expected.
- American Airlines (Symbol: AAL) — American Airlines beat top and bottom line estimates for the third quarter as travel demand continued to surge despite economic worries. American stock jumped +2.6% in premarket trading.
- Dow Inc. (Symbol: DOW) — The chemical maker’s stock fell -2.5% in the premarket, despite a top and bottom line beat for the third quarter, with investors focusing on higher energy costs that hurt Dow’s profit margins.
- Tesla (Symbol: TSLA) — Tesla slid -5.3% in premarket trading after it reported lower-than-expected quarterly revenue and cut its full-year delivery target. The electric vehicle maker reported a better-than-expected profit for the quarter.
- IBM (Symbol: IBM) — IBM rallied +3.3% in off-hours trading after reporting a top and bottom line beat for its latest quarter and raising its full-year revenue outlook. IBM saw improved results in multiple business segments, including software, consulting and infrastructure.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance. Colmex Pro Ltd does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation and makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor for any loss arising from any investment based on presented information.