During Market hours yesterday — Wednesday (23.12.2020):
The S&P 500 erased most of its gains and closed little changed on Wednesday amid year-end profit-taking, while policy uncertainty weighed on sentiment as President Donald Trump picked fights with Congress.
- The Dow (Symbol: DIA) went up 0.4%. The S&P 500 (Symbol: SPY) rose 0.1%. The Nasdaq (Symbol: QQQ) sank 0.5%.
- Carnival (Symbol: CCL), Norwegian Cruise Line (Symbol: NCLH), Royal Caribbean (Symbol: RCL) — Travel stocks rebounded from steep losses earlier this week on fears about the new Covid strain in the U.K. Carnival and Norwegian Cruise Line popped more than 6% each, while Royal Caribbean gained 2.5%. MGM Resorts (Symbol: MGM) rose 2% and Las Vegas Sands (Symbol: LVS) and Wynn Resorts (Symbol: WYNN) gained 1.7% and 2.4%, respectively.
- Pfizer (Symbol: PFE) — Shares of Pfizer rose 1.9% after the drugmaker said it would supply the U.S. with 100 million additional doses of its Covid-19 vaccine by July. The agreement brings the total number of doses to be delivered to the United States to 200 million, allowing for 100 million complete vaccinations. The U.S. government will pay $1.95 billion for the incremental doses, bringing the total paid to Pfizer to nearly $4 billion.
- Nikola (Symbol: NKLA) — Shares of Nikola Corp. dropped 10% after the company announced that it has ended its partnership with Republic Services to jointly develop electric garbage trucks. The company’s stock had surged 22% to $44.81 a share in August, when Nikola announced the deal for thousands of trucks; it’s now worth about one-third of that value around $15.33.
- FuboTV (Symbol: FUBO) — Shares of FuboTV lost more than 15% after a major run-up in shares recently. The company earned its fifth straight double-digit percentage gain on Tuesday. FuboTV was also downgraded by BMO Capital Markets to market perform from outperform following its recent rally.
- Palantir Technologies (Symbol: PLTR) — Shares of Palantir Technologies gained 2.3% after the data company signed a new two-year contract with the U.K. National Health Service. The deal is worth roughly $31.5 million.
- Chevron (Symbol: CVX), Exxon (Symbol: XOM), Diamondback Energy (Symbol: FANG) — Energy stocks rose as investors bet on cyclical sectors and oil futures rose. Shares of oil giants Chevron and Exxon added 1.8% and 1.3%, respectively. Shares of Diamondback Energy, which has announced two acquisitions this week, jumped more than 8%.
During Premarket hours today – Thursday (24.12.2020):
- C3.ai (Symbol: AI) – The maker of artificial intelligence software is indicated higher this morning, after seeing a five-day win streak come to an end Wednesday. The stock rose by 58% during that 5-day stretch and has nearly quadrupled from its $42 initial public offering price.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance. Colmex Pro Ltd does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation and makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor for any loss arising from any investment based on presented information.