During Market hours Yesterday — (Wednesday – 25.01.2023):
- The Dow (Symbol: DIA) went up +0.07%. The S&P 500 (Symbol: SPY) earned +0.04%. and the Nasdaq (Symbol: QQQ) dropped -0.22%.
- AT&T (Symbol: T) — The telecommunications giant rallied +6.58% after reporting more wireless subscribers than expected for the fourth quarter.
- Alphabet (Symbol: GOOGL) — Shares shed -2.54%, a day after the Justice Department filed a second antitrust lawsuit against Google. Alphabet also laid off 1,800 employees in California on Wednesday as part of the larger cuts announced last week.
- Enphase Energy (Symbol: ENPH) — The solar stock fell -4.17% after Piper Sandler downgraded it to neutral from buy. The firm cited a potential reset in the U.S. residential solar market coming this year that could hurt shares despite noting the company’s strong product and management.
- Block (Symbol: SQ) — Block initially fell after Oppenheimer downgraded the stock to perform from outperform but ended the day only down -0.02%. The firm said the mobile payments stock would be a first mover in a risk on environment but expects stocks have yet to see a bottom.
- Airbnb (Symbol: ABNB) — Shares of Airbnb dipped after analysts at Gordon Haskett downgraded the company to underperform from hold, citing overly aggressive estimates from Wall Street. However, the stock closed up -0.3%.
During Premarket hours today — (Thursday – 26.01.2023):
- Tesla (Symbol: TSLA) — The electric-vehicle maker soared +7% after reporting record revenue and an earnings beat. CEO Elon Musk said Tesla might be able to produce 2 million cars this year.
- IBM (Symbol: IBM) — Shares of IBM shed -2.7% after the company reported quarterly results Wednesday that generally exceeded Wall Street’s expectations but included an announcement that the firm will cut 3,900 jobs. IBM reported adjusted earnings per share of $3.60 per share on $16.69 billion in revenue where analysts expected $3.60 per share and $16.4 billion in revenue, per Refinitiv.
- American Airlines (Symbol: AAL) — The airline gained +1.5% after its fourth-quarter profits beat Wall Street’s expectations, thanks to strong holiday demand and high fares.
- Pfizer (Symbol: PFE) — The pharma giant was downgraded by UBS on Thursday, which said Pfizer’s Covid franchise estimates need to come down and its pipeline is too premature. Pfizer was up less than +1% in the premarket.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance. Colmex Pro Ltd does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation and makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor for any loss arising from any investment based on presented information.