During Market hours Yesterday — (Wednesday – 25.05.2022)
- The Dow (Symbol: DIA) went up 0.59%. The S&P 500 (Symbol: SPY) earned 0.88% and the Nasdaq (Symbol: QQQ) gained 1.4%.
- Dell Technologies (Symbol: DELL) – Shares gained 5.9% after Evercore added the PC maker to its “Tactical Outperform” list. Dell is set to report earnings Thursday.
- Nordstrom (Symbol: JWN) – Shares of the department store soared 14% after the company reported fiscal first-quarter sales that came in ahead of analysts’ estimates. Nordstrom also hiked its financial outlook for the full year, citing momentum in the business.
- Intuit (Symbol: INTU) – Shares jumped 8.2% after the tax software company topped earnings expectations and raised its outlook for the current quarter. Intuit also got a boost from strong performances by some of its brands, including Credit Karma.
- Urban Outfitters (Symbol: URBN) – Urban Outfitters rallied 15.5% despite a weaker-than-expected first-quarter report. Like other retailers, Urban Outfitters highlighted the negative impact of inflation on its operations including higher costs for raw materials and transportation.
During Premarket hours today (Thursday – 26.05.2022)
- Macy’s (Symbol: M) – Macy’s surged 15% in the premarket after reporting better-than-expected profit and revenue for the first quarter and raising its full-year earnings forecast. Results got a boost from strong apparel demand as people returned to work and other out-of-home activities.
- Twitter (Symbol: TWTR) – Twitter shares rose 5.6% in the premarket, following news that Elon Musk will commit more of his own wealth to finance his $44 billion takeover deal for the company. An SEC filing showed Musk committed $33.5 billion in equity, up from the prior $27.25 billion.
- Alibaba (Symbol: BABA) – The China-based e-commerce giant’s latest quarterly earnings and revenue beat analyst estimates, helped by increased online demand amid China Covid-19 lockdowns. Alibaba shares added 4.5% in premarket action.
- Baidu (Symbol: BIDU) – Baidu jumped 5.6% in premarket trading, as the search engine giant beat estimates in its latest quarter despite a negative impact from Covid lockdowns in China. Baidu saw strong growth during the quarter for its cloud-based services.
- Nvidia (Symbol: NVDA) – Nvidia slid 4.2% in the premarket after the graphics chip maker issued weaker-than-expected guidance for its current quarter, pointing to supply chain issues and slower business in Russia. Nvidia reported better-than-expected profit and revenue for its latest quarter.
- Nutanix (Symbol: NTNX) – Nutanix stock plunged 35.4% in premarket trading after the cloud computing company issued a weaker-than-expected forecast. Nutanix cited supply chain issues that impacted its hardware partners, among other factors.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance. Colmex Pro Ltd does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation and makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor for any loss arising from any investment based on presented information.