During Market hours Yesterday — (Wednesday – 29.12.2021):
- The Dow (Symbol: DIA) went up 0.23%. The S&P 500 (Symbol: SPY) rose 0.13% and the Nasdaq (Symbol: QQQ) lost 0.01%.
- Victoria’s Secret (Symbol: VSCO) — Shares of Victoria’s Secret jumped 12.2% after the intimate apparel retailer announced a $250 million accelerated share repurchase program. The company also reaffirmed fourth-quarter guidance provided in November, including an up to 3% increase in sales versus last year’s fourth-quarter sales of $2.10 billion.
- Didi Global (Symbol: DIDI) — Shares of the Chinese ride-hailing firm fell 8.2%, continuing a brutal month for the stock. Reuters reported Wednesday that Didi is planning to list its stock in Hong Kong in mid-2022 without issuing more shares or raising additional capital.
- Tesla (Symbol: TSLA) — Tesla shares dipped 0.2% after financial filings published late Tuesday showed CEO Elon Musk sold another 934,090 shares — or about $1.02 billion worth of his holdings — in the electric car company.
- Alibaba (Symbol: BABA) — Alibaba shares fell 2.4% after Bloomberg reported the Chinese e-commerce giant is considering the sale of its 30% stake in social media company Weibo to state-owned Shanghai Media Group.
- American Airlines (Symbol: AAL) — Travel-related stocks struggled after rebounding in the previous session, as the omicron Covid variant continued to influence market action. American Airlines slid 2.6%.
- Cal-Maine Foods (Symbol: DIA) — Shares of Cal-Maine Foods fell 5.4% after the egg producer reported weaker-than-expected quarterly results. The company earned 2 cents per share for its latest quarter, well short of the 30-cent Refinitiv consensus estimate. Higher production costs and feed costs bit into profit, Cal-Maine Foods reported.
During Premarket hours today (Thursday – 30.12.2021):
U.S. weekly jobless claims total 198,000, vs 205,000 estimate
- Biogen (Symbol: BIIB) — Biogen slid 6.5% in the premarket after Samsung denied a report in the Korea Economic Daily publication that it was in talks to buy Biogen and combine it with its biotech unit. Biogen shares had jumped 9.5% Wednesday on that report.
- Didi Global (Symbol: DIDI) — The China-based ride-hailing company’s shares slid 3.2% in premarket trading after it reported a 1.7% decline in third-quarter revenue and a loss of $4.7 billion, stemming from a regulatory crackdown. Didi had slumped 8.2% Wednesday and has fallen in 12 of the past 15 trading days.
- Microstrategy (Symbol: MSTR) — The business analytics company’s stock rose 1.1% in the premarket, tracking a rise in bitcoin prices. Microstrategy has bitcoin holdings worth several billion dollars on its balance sheet.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance. Colmex Pro Ltd does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation and makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor for any loss arising from any investment based on presented information.